OMG, It’s that time of the year again!
The Christmas holidays are here and for many people it can be more stressful than joyful. There is a wide variety of holiday stresses: crowded shopping malls, family gatherings, being alone and overspending.
There are simple things you can do to reduce stress and save your sanity during the holidays:
- Get outside. Physical exercise, even in the form of a brisk walk around the block will go a long way to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Go easy on the holiday treats. Excessive drinking and eating can do a number on your digestive system, not to mention on your waistline.
- Get enough rest. Quality sleep (7-9 hours) will safeguard your immune system and ensure that you will have plenty of energy in your tank.
- Stick to a holiday budget. The Boxing Week sales may be tempting but you’ll have less to worry about if you don’t spend what you don’t have.
- Manage your social commitments. Don’t try to see everyone and be everywhere; you’ll avoid feeling rushed and pressured.
- Create personal “me” time. Take a short break from the family, friends and holiday crowds and treat yourself to a relaxing bath or meditate.
Be mindful and thankful for all you have; there are many others out there that are less fortunate.
Happy Holidays! Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous new year.